ICAP is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Driver in Jigjiga/Somali region, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: Driver
- Job by ICAP
Number of Position: 2
Duty Station: Jigjiga/Somali region
Reports to: Regional Program Manager
Overall job function:
The driver is responsible for providing transportation service for CU-ICAP employees and properly handle ICAP properties.
Major Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide transportation service to staff and for other authorized drivers
- Ensures the proper functioning of the car assigned to him/her by checking before starting engine;
- Maintain and handle assigned vehicles, spare tires and other accessories properly and with care;
- Check engine oil, water level, tire pressure, fuel, etc…, before any travel and reports and ensures servicing of the assigned vehicle regularly,
- Check damaged or burst tires as and when required, ensures the safety and proper usage of the assigned vehicles, tools and other accessories at all times;
- Detect any defect of the car and reports to his immediate supervisor for timely repair and maintenance;
- Fill in fuel and oil consumed and kilometer readings before and after any travel on appropriate transport forms and submits same to his immediate supervisor,
- Adhere to CIP policies and procedures such as seat belts and safety equipment, parking rules, smoking, using cell phones, and transporting unauthorized passenger, etc.
- Adhere to CIP rules of ethical conduct.
- Operate vehicles with maximum care to passengers and the vehicle and adhere to speed limits and traffic laws.
- Renew driving license in time and refrain from driving CIP vehicles with a license that is expired, suspended, or revoked.
- Report accidents to the immediate supervisor and to the nearest traffic police as soon as possible
- Maintain vehicle log and include all the details such as purpose of use, mileage, fuel and oil consumed, passengers carried, place of travel, business purpose, and other necessary information carefully, get it signed by the passengers (s) and submit it to the responsible personnel
- Perform other related activities as assigned by his/her immediate supervisor.
· The job holder is expected to have at least 3rd level driving license.
- Diploma in auto mechanics or grade 10th or 12th complete and 5 years of driving work experience is required
- Good communication skill in local languages is desirable
- NGO experience is an added value
Ø Approximately 80% travel to supported regions and facilities.
How to Apply
Only online applications are received
Click here to apply
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – September 3, 2022