Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Please Note: This position is contingent upon award and USAID approval with an anticipated start date of late 2022/early 2023.**
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development, and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities seeks a Grants Management and Procurement Specialist for the anticipated USAID Ethiopia Climate Resilient WASH Project (CR-WASH). This five-year $30-40M program will accelerate the expansion and sustainability of climate-resilient water services and the adoption of key hygiene and sanitation practices in targeted pastoralist areas in Somali, Oromia, SNNPR, and Afar. The Activity will work to fulfill this purpose through four complementary intermediate results: 1) Professionalize and expand climate-resilient water services; 2) Increase adoption of key hygiene behaviors, including MHH, and ending open defecation; 3) Improve gender power dynamics; and 4) Strengthen the enabling environment for climate-resilient water and sanitation services.
The Grants Management and Procurement Specialist is responsible for managing and executing the grants under contracts (GUCs) program and must ensure compliance with USAID rules, regulations, and procedures for the project. The Grants Management and Procurement Specialist must be a highly qualified professional with experience in managing grants and procurements, solicitations, and advertisements. His/Her/Their experience must demonstrate a track record of successful procurement transactions involving contract and/or grants administration, and managing grantee relationships, including advertising grants, managing the application, selection and award process, monitoring, and evaluation of grantees. This position reports to the Chief of Party. We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Support competitive processes, including drafting/reviewing RFAs, RFPs and RFQs, conducting bid analyses and evaluations, and making recommendations for award.
- Support grant administration, including drafting and reviewing grant agreements, reviewing grantee deliverables, and ensuring compliance.
- Support procurement processes, including, drafting procurement contracts, and reviewing contract deliverables, and ensuring compliance.
- Contribute to the development donor reports, success stories, and other deliverables as required.
- Draft and review grants, grant budgets, grantee programmatic and financial reports, and grant payment documentation.
- Maintain accurate and complete files of grant and procurement documentation.
- Review grant and procurement actions for compliance with USAID rules and regulations, as well as Global Communities’ policies and procedures.
- Provide training and mentoring to grantees on grant administration and compliance.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management, Economics, or other related discipline with a minimum of 7 years of professional experience. Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five (5) years’ experience managing donor assistance grants and/or procurement programs in a development context.
- Three (3) years’ experience working in a compliance related field (compliance management, grant/contracts management, audit compliance, or related field) on large (greater than $30 million) development programs.
- Experience in pastoralist areas in Somali, Oromia, SNNPR, and Afar preferred
- Proven experience in a similar position involving the administration of similarly sized, international donor-supported programs is strongly preferred.
- Related international NGO or for-profit contractor experience is strongly preferred.
- Evidence of strong budgeting, reporting, and organizational skills required.
- Knowledge/experience with USAID rules and regulations required; experience managing USAID Grants Under Contract (GUC) preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of relevant local laws, regulations and policies is required
- Management/supervisory experience is preferred.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both oral and written; strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Full professional proficiency in spoken and written English, in addition to local spoken language
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities.
- Ethiopian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
In addition to your CV/resume, we are requesting that all applicants submit a cover letter with their application.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
How to apply
To apply for this job please visit internationalcareers-globalcommunities.icims.com.