Center for Evaluation and Development
C4ED is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post Researcher (PHD-Doctor of Philosophy) in AA, Ethiopia
- Ø Job Title: Researcher (PHD-Doctor of Philosophy)
- Ø Job by C4ED
C4ED’s vision is to make development interventions more effective through impact evaluations and providing evidence-based policy advice. With a strong focus on mixed-methods and quantitative impact evaluations related to sustainable development, C4ED is one of the leading German research centers in the areas of poverty reduction, microfinance, health insurance, education, humanitarian assistance, agriculture, and nutrition. C4ED is currently conducting projects all over the world and maintains research relationships with 3ie, ACTED, GCF, GIZ, IFAD, ILO, IPA, J-PAL, the World Bank, WFP, and UNICEF to name just a few of its cooperation partners.
The position involves the following tasks: The Researcher (PHD-Doctor of Philosophy) hired under this advertisement will primarily support data collection, data analysis and proposals and report writing.
- Perform data processing and analysis primarily utilizing Stata and R. This will include high-frequency checks, cleaning, visualization, etc.
- Produce maps utilizing R and/or QGIS.
- Manage surveys using Survey CTO, Survey Solutions, etc.
- Work with statistical software to support data processing and analysis. Software will primarily be written in Stata and R
- Program questionnaires utilizing relevancies, constraints, etc. and support overall design of questionnaires.
- Manage data collection cycles including coordinating with field teams and overseeing data quality assurance.
- With the support of senior staff, conduct analysis and write reports.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Legal right to work in country where C4ED office is located.
- Academic qualifications in a relevant discipline related to the area of international development cooperation, economics, statistics, political science, sociology, or a related field.
- Strong understanding of statistics and/or programming.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in a field such as statistics, data science, business intelligence, or software development.
- Demonstrated expertise in a least one programming language relevant for numerical analysis. Strong preference for Stata or R.
- Demonstrated experience using version control, preferably git/GitHub.
- Demonstrated experience developing dashboards, preferably utilizing R/Shiny is desirable.
- Basic knowledge of GIS preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced research environment.
- Willingness to travel to countries in Africa, Asia, and South America to support data collection activities.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and report writing skills.
- Demonstrable ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience using Survey CTO, ODK, Survey Solutions, or other similar programs for quantitative data collection preferred.
- Written and spoken fluency in English required and the knowledge of Local Languages are an asset.
How to apply
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis until positions are filled.
Only candidates with the relevant work authorization will be considered and the successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check and all offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks.
To apply please complete an online form ET-2308Researcher (PHD-Doctor of Philosophy)-Addis Ababa- Ethiopia (wrike.com) and mention the reference “Researcher ET-2308“.
More Information on C4ED International is available at https://c4ed.org