American Embassy Community Association (AMCOM)
American Embassy Community Association (AMCOM) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of General Manager in AA, Ethiopia.
The General Manager is responsible to the general membership and the Board of Directors for all aspects of the Association’s operations. The GM has overall administrative control over AMCOM services, facilities and financial records, including the Commissary, Langano, Recreational Facilities, residential internet, Vehicle Services and Food Services programs. The GM’s goal is to maintain a welcoming, American-style customer service-oriented environment.
Description of Duties:
- Develop and administer programs that implement the policies, operational procedures and directives of the Board of Directors. Provide the Board of Directors with monthly status reports, including income/loss statements, balance sheets and operational conditions and trends. Ensure the association has up to date insurance policies and that bonding requirements are met. Make recommendations to the Board on budgeting, purchases and profitability.
- Ensure, through application of sound and efficient managerial practices that the Association’s membership is provided with the best goods and services at reasonable cost and in the most expeditious manner. The area of management includes, but is not limited to, the commissary, Langano property, recreational facilities such as the pool, gym and tennis courts, vehicle services and food services programs in the Atrium and the Tukul, and all AMCOM staff.
- Oversee the daily operations of the facilities and assume operational responsibility for procurement, customs clearance, personnel, accounting and cash control, inventory and property management, and maintenance of the facilities. Provide clear and concise reports of financial condition of each segment of the Association’s operations and reasons for any trend change. Analyze accounts to ensure appropriate accounting methods are being applied in cooperation with The Department of State’s Office of Commissary and Recreation Affairs (OCR) and the annual auditor. Oversee the work of the finance staff and review monthly financial reports. Ensure the Board has full and accurate reports of income and expenditure. Control office expenditures to ensure the Commissary is operating in a fiscally sound manner. Approve all purchases and procurements and other expenses.
- Responsibly execute administration, forecasting, budgeting, and interacting with the membership.
- Utilize ultimate authority over employee disputes and implementation of policies concerning employer-employee relations. Supervise and delegate authority to the various employees and make changes necessary for the successful and efficient operation of the Association. Train them in effective customer service and management techniques. Manage human resource activities including new hire orientations, annual performance evaluations, and staff development and training programs.
- In the conduct of all AMCOM activities, ensure compliance with State Department regulations and sound management practices as outlined in guidance provided by OCR.
- Perform spot checks of inventory and identify any deficiencies in day to day running.
- Create an American-style atmosphere focused on teamwork and build positive work environment for all employees.
- Working Embassy events in conjunction with Community Liaison Office. Solicit new membership by reaching out to incoming employees via CLO Social Sponsor Program. Plan, organize, advertise and implement special events as required.
- Performing other related duties as may be assigned.
Post of Immediate Supervisor: Board of Directors Chair
Annual Gross Salary: USD 30,000- negotiable
- Proven knowledge of administration and management. 2-4 years professional experience in a management position. Hospitality experience is preferred.
- University degree (Bachelors equivalent) in accounting, management, hospitality or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with U.S. lifestyle and customer service standards.
- Excellent computer skills in Word and Excel. Working knowledge of QuickBooks POS and Accounting software preferred.
- Must possess excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills to interact effectively and respectfully with local staff, board members and association members.
- Excellent English-speaking ability.
- Possession of or ability to obtain Ethiopian work and/or residency permits.
- Offer contingent on passing a security background check.
How to Apply
Please submit your applications on email@example.com
please scan all relevant credentials (Uploading relevant credentials that verifies educational qualification, work experience licenses, certifications …. etc which are stated on the application form /CV).
CV shall not be more than 3 pages.
Application deadline: June 30,2023.