Save the Children
Save the Children Ethiopia is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Driver in Dessie, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: Driver
- Job by Save the Children
|KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:|
Provide Driving Services
· Receiving the vehicle with its accessories by hand-over documents and signs hand-over formats for receipt of vehicle with its accessories
· Providing driving services to the Coordinators, managers, staff members, visitors and guests from Field
· Handles clients with due care and respect. Respects the faith and culture of different communities
· Respects the rules and regulations of departure and arrival hours according to Supply chain manual
· Handles confidential matters with due care and in consultation with senior staff.
· Maintains records of logbook for all journeys undertaken, fuel consumed, repair costs and ensures the logbook is available for inspection at any time
· Before starting the vehicle’s engine each day, checks the level of engine oil, radiator, and windscreen washer water are adequate, etc
· On weekly basis, checks the level of brake and clutch oil, battery water and the pressure of tires is at the proper levels, and also ensures that all lights and indicators are working properly
· Ensures that the assigned vehicle is not driven by another person unless authorized
· When assigned, assists in local purchasing/ expediting activities
· Maintaining all safety and security measures to the vehicle under his/her care.
· Ensuring that the vehicle assigned to him/her is clean, fuelled, lubricated and regularly serviced as per schedule.
· Keeps all tools and reserve tyre with due care. Handles the vehicle and other related accessories and materials with due care
· Cleans seat belts each day and wears the same all times and insists all passengers to do the same
· Carry out minor vehicle maintenance at specified intervals and keep thorough maintenance logos for each vehicle.
· Have the SCI logo visibly displayed on all SCI vehicles, except where this would jeopardize staff safety or be inappropriate to specific local circumstances.
· Park in safe and secure areas all SCI vehicles during working and non-working hours. Parks the vehicle in safe place during night.
· Undertakes minor repair of the vehicle
· Report accidents as occurred immediately
· Adheres to rules and regulations of Save the Children International.
· Respects the traffic rules and regulations strictly
Assist Admin and Finance Assistance
· Transports materials to respective destinations. Gives due care for the materials while loading and unloading.
· Requests repair and lavajo service by filling forms and formats designed for repair and maintenance service for the vehicle on time. Checks the vehicle for repair and maintenance made by the garage against repair order.
|SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)|
· Holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
· Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
· Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
· Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
· Future orientated, thinks strategically
· Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
· Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
· Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
· Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
· Willing to take disciplined risks
· Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Completion of 12th grade or 10th grade with current educational system
· Own at least third grade valid driving license.
· Trained in Safety and Security
· At least 3 years of work experience in International NGOs with clean driving record.
· Willingness to work over weekends, holidays and harsh climatic situations.
· Knowledge of basic computer skills is an asset.
· Experience in vehicle maintenance
· Experience and Automotive knowledge is Advantageous
· Excellent inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in difficult environments
· Good English written and oral communication skills
- Commitment to SCI’s aims, values and principles
- Proven team work and team management experience
How to Apply
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
Use the below link to apply :
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy