The Hunger Project Ethiopia
The Hunger Project Ethiopia is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Driver in AA, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: Driver
- Job by The Hunger Project Ethiopia
The Hunger Project (THP) is a global, non-profit, strategic organization committed to the sustainable end of world hunger. THP believes in a world where every woman, man and child can lead a healthy, fulfilling life of self-reliance and dignity; and works towards that goal by pioneering sustainable strategies for Gender-focused and Integrated Community Led Development, which is the process of working together to create and achieve locally owned visions and goals. The Hunger Project starts implementation in Ethiopia since 2004 and currently THP-E is seeking an experienced Driver.
Specific role and responsibilities but not limited to;
- Keep the vehicle assigned to him clean and road-worthy
- Refuel the vehicle whenever necessary or when the level gets below half tank.
- Ensure the safe parking, whenever possible in the organization’s compound, of the vehicle at night, during breaks and when it is not in use.
- Verify the presence at all times in the car: the vehicle log book, the tools and spare tires in good condition.
- Make sure to have the necessary travel permit from Administration for each journey.
- Drive at a speed which is adjusted to the road and weather conditions, and drive with consideration for the safety of the passenger, the road users, the load, and the technical state of the vehicle.
- Ensure correct loading and unloading of the vehicle considering the maximum loading capacity,
- Handover the loaded material to the proper destiny by making sure that proper goods receiving note filled.
- Wear a seat-belt and ensure that the passengers also wear their seat-belts at all times when the vehicle is in motion.
- Keep his driving license valid and ready for inspection
- Fill and update the vehicle log book when traveling anywhere
- Assist co-workers in general activities while on field trip.
- Immediately notify the supervisor as well as the local authorities in case of any accident in which he is involved.
- Immediately report any technical failure or damage and need for maintenance and note the details in the vehicle log book.
- Keep track of the scheduled service time of the vehicle, to make sure that servicing is performed on time.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Administration.
Contract duration: One year with possibility of extension
Required No: One
- Holed at minimum of a High school certificate.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience as a driver.
- Valid Ethiopian driver’s license and safe driving record/history.
- Skill in minor vehicle repairs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Proven punctuality and ability to work as part of a team and excellent references a must.
- Proficiency in English a plus.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above requirement can submit detailed C.V, application letter, and credentials to The Hunger Project Ethiopia, Yeka Sub City, Woreda 08, House No 765/04, in the vicinity of British Embassy, near Misrak Poly Technique College, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia or email: Tizita.Tesfaye@thp.org
For more Information: +251-111 267950 or +251-111 267151