Red Cross Society (ERCS)
Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Leadership Development and Management (LDM) Advisor in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Leadership Development and Management (LDM) Advisor
- Job by Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS)
Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant position the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs relating to food security, climate change adaptation, livelihood diversification, and institutional capacity building interventions, with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. ERCS works in partnership with the Ethiopian Government, International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent (IFRC), International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), partnering National Societies, members, volunteers and the communities we serve.
BACKGROUND OF THE PROJECT
Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) is seeking for a Program Assistant for the newly awarded USAID Ethiopia Health Resilience activity.
The USAID/Ethiopia Health Resilience Activity is a 5 year project (28th Mar 2023 – 27th Mar 2028) aims to strengthen local capacity to detect, prepare for, respond to, and mitigate the impact of public health emergencies and ensure the continuity of essential health services during emergencies. The Activity will result in improved local capacity and health system resilience in focus areas through strengthening woreda leadership and capacity to manage emergencies; improving early warning and alert response system (EWARS) and data management capacity; developing core capacity on gender in emergencies (GiE); and increasing innovative funding for emergencies, leading to reduced morbidity and mortality related to public health crises.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) and the Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) will work together and in close collaboration with zonal and woreda offices, health facilities (HFs), communities, and other stakeholders to achieve these results. The USAID/Ethiopia Health Resilience Activity will focus on selected woredas in three regions (Amhara; Oromia; and Southern Nations, Nationalities, and Peoples’ Region [SNNPR]) and one city administration (Dire Dawa).
The Leadership Development and management advisor will be responsible for providing technical assistance for the adaptation and implementation of leading in emergencies guidelines and tools in collaboration with the Senior LDM advisor. The incumbent will also be responsible for building the capacity of zonal health departments, woreda health offices, and activity leadership development officers to ensure that resilient PHEM systems are built at all levels of the health system.
Key performance areas
- In collaboration with the senior LDM advisor, adapt and upgrade MSH’s Leading in Emergencies training manuals for local PHEM leaders.
- Provide capacity building training on leading in emergencies guidelines and tools for Zonal and Woreda PHEM leaders, and activity leadership officers.
- Assist the development of standard operating procedures (SOPs) on PHEM leadership development at zonal, woreda & kebele levels.
- Conduct supportive supervision and mentorship for zonal & Woreda PHEM officers, and health facilities (HFs) to strengthen local leadership capacity for health emergency management.
- Develop an action plan that details the activities needed activities for the development of PHEM leadership capacity at zonal, woreda and community levels.
- Provide technical assistance to woreda PHEM leaders in designing and conducting simulation exercises (tabletop, drills, functional exercises, and full-scale) and after-action reviews to facilitate learn by doing, identify capacity assets and gaps, and develop improvement plans to strengthen public health emergency management.
- Provide tailored and demand-driven TA to zonal and woreda PHEM leaders as needed to strengthen leadership capacity.
- Assist the integration of leadership development plans into the Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response Plans at zonal and woreda levels.
- Prepare all weekly/quarterly progress reports, technical reports, and success stories.
- Monitor and evaluate progress towards annual work plans, expected outputs and results related to PHEM leadership capacity development in activity focus woreda and zones.
- Collaborate and work with key technical and program stakeholders on different PHEM agendas
Work Unit:- ERCS-Disaster Risk Management Directorate / USAID/Ethiopia Health Resilience Activity
Reporting to : – Senior PHEM Advisor
Terms of employment:- Contract for one year
- Second/First degree in a health-related field or management field required.
- 6/8 years related work experience, out of which 2 years in a senior position(s); , experience in progressively responsible experience in implementing and managing leadership and management development programs in health sector in Ethiopia.
- Knowledge of and experience related to public health emergency management is highly preferred.
- Proven experience in supervising and mentoring technical staff.
- Demonstrated conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Experience organizing and working with teams to produce high-quality deliverables.
- Fluency in English and Amharic required.
- Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
How to Apply
We invite candidates meeting the required qualifications to fill out the employment application form With the indicated link https://ee.humanitarianresponse.info/x/IyUTlyf1 before the closing date of this announcement on June 5, 2023.
Qualified women are strongly recommended to apply !