World Vision is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Water and Civil Works Engineer in Melkabello, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: Water and Civil Works Engineer
- Job By World Vision
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
- Data collection for children including RCs & non-RCs, boys & girls, children living with disability for program design and reporting uses
- Data collection on contribution of WASH intervention to child wellbeing including RCs
- Community mobilization in integrated way on WASH, health, education and livelihood in relation to RC and non-RC children wellbeing
- RC Monitoring and follow up for sector outcome and report to appropriate focal point following organization-approved indicators
- Review APs water resource development and other civil works document and make regular discussions with government line offices to create smooth relationships, mutual understanding and support;
- Collect drawings/designs, specifications, bill of quantities from concerned government offices and review/verify technical compliance
- In association with relevant experts from government offices, perform water resources development and other civil works studies and conduct design review as required;
- Review and conduct detail investigation on water resource development and other civil works projects sites before commencement of the construction;
- Conduct close field supervision to ensure the implementation of water resource development and other civil works projects are in line with the plan, design, available standards, community needs and donors requirement;
- Prepare monthly, biannual and annual progress reports;
- Prepare bill of quantities, specification and cost estimate for water resource development and other civil work projects;
- Facilitate handing over of completed constructions by the AP to the user communities or the concerned government offices and ensure proper documentations for future reference
- Provide timely feedback on the progress of the construction works, challenges and concerns encountered to the AP manager in writing and copy the CPO Water and civil works engineer for appropriate action by the AP and/or cluster program office as deemed necessary
- Review and verify engineering estimations and payment certificates for water resource and other civil works projects;
- Review tender documents both for design and construction of water resource and other civil work projects;
- Review MOU and construction agreements in accordance with the policy of the organization;
Required Professional Experience
- B.Sc Degree on Water Resources/ Hydraulic engineering and other related fields with minimum 2 years’ experience in water resource development and other construction supervision
- Preferred: Other NGO experience, construction and water supply schemes supervision
- Experience in using word, excel and other computer skills is an asset
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Good computer skill minimum of Microsoft word and excel
- Respect diversity, committed to maintain team working
- Good report writing skill
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Experience in managing, supervising and providing support to staff and volunteers at the grass roots level.
- Intensive skills on application soft ware
- Experience in field assessment and report writing.
- Experience in developing quality training material and facilitate training a wide range of audiences.
- Communication and advocacy skills
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement
- 90% field visit
- Excellent in writing and speaking English and local language preferable(Afaan Oromoo)
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
How to Apply
For more information and job application details, Click here to Apply!