NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
- Job Title: Livelihood and Food Security Technical Assistant
- Job by NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the LFS Technical Assistant position is to provide technical support in a specialist area of work.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the LFS portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents according to NRC policy
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise
- Involve and inform the communities and community leaders about the activities
- Prepare weekly activity plans and submit weekly updates on achievement
- Work for the procurement, development, and distribution of materials and equipment are timely and according to the procedure
- Assist with training of the incentive workers and closely support and monitor their works
- To plan and monitor the project activities in collaboration with the teams such as field assessments, market price monitoring, cash transfer, distribution of LFS inputs (agricultural seeds, tools, IGA materials)
- Prepare the required documentation of the project according to the operational plan and M&E plan
- To conduct regular meetings with beneficiaries, community management committees, local authorities, and partners on the distribution arrangement food production, IGA development, and other relevant issues.
- To contribute to the implementation of the project activities at the local level, in close collaboration with the communities, partners, and local authorities.
- To work closely with local organizations (VSO, NRDEP, etc.).
- Contribute to the introduction of new technology, methods, and approaches to improve the quality of the activities
- To assist the LFS project team in the identification of new projects and new areas of intervention.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results.
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Minimum 2 years experience from working with livelihood or food security as a Technical Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- B.Sc./BA degree in agriculture, or other related fields
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of the area and context in Benishangul Gumuz Region
- Good interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills in local languages.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Some experience working on community mobilization activities in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Fluency in local languages is a requirement
2. Behavioral competencies
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through https://www.nrc.no/carreier (If it is possible, attach photocopies of the most relevant educational certificates/testimonials). Applications should reach NRC latest by February 02, 2023 at 5:00 pm.
NB: only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and on-the-job training will be provided!”