Abt Associates Inc
- Job Title: Driver
- Job by Abt Associates Inc
- Salary Offer As per Company Scale
- Experience Level Junior
- Total Years Experience 1
Under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager, the Driver B operates and maintains project vehicles to meet the transportation needs of Larval Source Management activities detailed below.
Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Drive project, and project affiliated personnel to project sites within the base location, and throughout the project implementation area for project activities, including official site visits.
- Maintain up-to-date record keeping systems for vehicle issues, including fuel, mileage, and trip logs.
- Observe all company vehicle utilization policies, in country traffic laws.
- Responsible for maintenance of project vehicle, keeping accurate records, and following a schedule of routine maintenance, cleaning, etc.
- Ensure the readiness of the vehicle for transport service by checking oil, water, fuel and other parts of the vehicle prior to driving.
- Perform project routine business around the province, such as receiving and delivering official project documentation to and from district office, general office purchasing.
- Purchase of basic cleaning and kitchen supplies and assist in the purchase of other project authorized items.
- Perform relevant general service activities such as collection of proforma, processing customs duty clearances and tax exemptions.
- Make arrangements for repairs, maintenance, and improvements to the office, as requested by the project management.
- Regularly check post office boxes, collect and dispatch letters, parcels and other correspondence, and perform other local errands.
Qualification requirements include the following:
- Completion of Secondary School is highly desirable.
- Valid Ethiopia Driver’s License.
- At least 1 year prior experience in commercial driving.
- Thorough knowledge of local traffic laws and area traffic patterns.
- Excellent driving record and experience in traveling through the base location and other key areas of the country.
- Previous work experience on a development project is desirable.
- The ability to communicate in Basic English is highly desirable.
How to Apply
- Application deadline is January 27,2023
- All candidates should apply using the this link
- Driver – VectorLink/Ethiopia
- Documentation required to be considered includes a cover page, CV, Biodata form, pay slip from the most recent position held, copies of educational certificates/degrees, and contract information at least 3 references we can contact (must include email addresses and phone number)
- Applications that do not follow these instructions, or that don’t meet the stated minimum qualification requirements, will not be considered.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: Abt Associates will never ask candidates for money in exchange for an offer of employment.