One Acre Fund
- Job Title: Ethiopia Warehouse & Logistics Coordinator
- Job by One Acre Fund
About One Acre Fund
Founded in 2006, One Acre Fund operates in nine countries to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers. In Ethiopia, we engage farmers in agroforestry and community-based seed multiplication to increase farmers’ incomes and improve farming systems. Our Ethiopian partner farmers have planted more than 30 million trees, produced over 1,500 MT of improved teff seed and improved the futures of hundreds of thousands of their neighbours.
To learn more about our work, take a look at our Why Work Here blog for more information.
About the Role
As the Logistics & Warehouse Coordinator (Job Level 5), you will manage the logistics and inventory operations for One Acre Fund Ethiopia, ensuring operational excellence and transactional integrity to help us support our team of 100+ staff and deliver inputs to our fast-growing network of 600+ tree nursery operator partners. You will manage our warehouse infrastructure, maintain our inventory of tree planting inputs and other assets, and coordinate efficient and cost-effective transportation of people and inputs. You will also help with some office and procurement activities. You will report to the Systems Lead Associate, and manage one Logistics Assistant, and teams of temporary or casual staff during periods of increased warehouse activity.
Manage Inventory through Transactional Integrity
- Responsible for compliance with all warehousing and logistics policies which include timely inventory counts and reconciliation, accurate repackaging of inputs, and more.
- Ensure exceptional KPI performances for all warehouses: <0.1% shrink, <0.25% variance, all transactions recorded within 24 hours, and on-time monthly reconciliation.
Provide Top-Class Logistics and Transportation Services
- Serve OAF customers with on-time, cost-effective, and well-organized deliveries.
- Oversee fleet of OAF-owned, rented, and hired vehicles to ensure both staff and inputs can get where they need to go when they need to be there.
- Manage all staff (permanent and temporary) within the warehouse to uphold OAF and 5S warehousing and operational standards.
- Build team capability through coaching and professional development support.
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
Across all roles, these are the general qualifications we look for. For this role specifically, you will have:
- 2+ years of logistics, warehouse and operational experience, with broad knowledge of and experience in supply chain and warehouse management
- A diploma in Business Operations, Supply Chain, Agribusiness, Business Administration, Logistics or a related field
- Experience managing staff
- A detailed and organized approach to work, especially when under pressure
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Fluency in Amharic, and conversational English
- Must be able to spend extended time standing
Preferred Start Date
As soon as possible
Bahir Dar, Ethiopia
Health insurance paid time off
This role is only open to citizens or permanent residents of Ethiopia
15 February 2023
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here (firstname.lastname@example.org), but do not send applications or application materials to this email address.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion (DEI), and anti-racism are deeply connected to our organization’s mission and purpose. One Acre Fund aspires to build a culture where all staff feel consistently valued, represented, and connected – so that our team can thrive as professionals, and achieve exceptional impact for the farmers we serve.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace.
How to Apply
Please apply through the link below: