- Job Title: Regional HIS Advisor
- Job by ICAP
Position: Regional HIS Advisor
Number of positions: 1(One)
Reports to: Central DQI & DU Advisor
Duty Station: Tegray
The advisor will be responsible for assisting the Regional Health Bureau, Sub-cities/zones and Health facilities in strengthening the ecosystem of HIS, data quality improvement and information use for monitoring and evaluation, learning, and informed programmatic decision-making. He/She will be responsible for maintaining regular support to health facilities and assist the day-to-day technical data quality improvement, and use related activities. He/ she will support mentors for building the capacity of data clerks, program and M&E staffs on both paper and electronic health information system, data quality assurance, data analysis, and data use. He/ she is expected to have a hands-on experience in health information management system implementation and strong analytical, supervisory and mentorship skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, monitor and support the implementation of the SI project activities in the region
- Coordinates the overall planning, implementation, of the HIV/AIDS related paper based and eHIS systems
- Coordinate the implementation of DQI & Use initiatives in line with the organization’s targets, strategies, and available resources.
- Supervise and support mentors, data clerks and M&E staffs at the facility in HIV data quality improvement, data analysis and interpretation and use of data for performance review and continuous quality improvement.
- Provide programmatic guidance and technical assistance to strengthen data use, data quality and use across all levels in the health system.
- Facilitate the use of data through the application of innovative approaches at the national, regional, woreda, health facility, and community levels.
- Ensuring a high level of communication and close working relationships with DQI teams, implementers, and other key stakeholders operating in the health informatics arena.
- Supervise and support the implementation and use of EMR-ART and other electronic health information systems for data entry, data analysis, visualization, and decision-making at all level
- Provide technical leadership and guidance in the implementation of data quality and information use improvement interventions.
- Use innovative to catalyze improved data consumption at all levels of the health system and for a range of health system strengthening interventions
- Build capacity on health information systems at different levels through organizing mentorship, training and workshops.
- Identify and mentor champions of information use at all levels and further develop their capacity as leaders for improving data-informed decision-making.
- Engage in collection of user requirements for the enhancement of the EMR-ART based on the findings from the facility level EMR-ART system use and reports
- Support the regular updating of electronic database (EMR-ART) at facilities supported by the regional office and provide necessary guidance on data quality assurance on the process
- Identify, manage, package and disseminate key health information to facilitate evidence-based decision making at point of data collection.
- Work with regional team, mentors, and to perform data quality checks and regular data quality assessments to ensure the accuracy, validity and completeness of HIV services related data from all data sources.
- Actively participate in documentation of experiences, lessons learned, case studies and other technical documents related with EMR-ART implementation & Data Quality & Information Use practices.
- Participate in coordination of project activities and produce periodic project performance reports and submit as required
- Carry out other tasks as required.
§ MSc Degree in Health informatics, M&E, Public Health and related field from a reputable University is required
§ Minimum of 5 years of professional experience is required
Knowledge, Skill and Ability Required
§ Experience with HIV/AIDS related information system
§ Expertise in using EMR-ART and other electronic information system is a plus
§ Expertise in Data Visualization, Analysis, and proficiency in statistical software like SPSS, Tablue, Microsoft Excel and Power BI use required.
§ Excellent analytical, oral and report- writing skills is mandatory
§ Strong analytical skills with demonstrated exposure on publications
§ Strong organizing, planning, and prioritizing skills.
§ Capacity to operate both as a team as well as individually.
§ Demonstrated exceptional coaching and mentoring ability.
§ Self-motivated with a strong work ethic.
How to Apply
Only online applications are received
Click here to apply: https://icapacity.icap.columbia.edu/en-us/job/497019/regional-his-advisor
NB – Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is – January 31, 2023
To apply for this job please visit icapacity.icap.columbia.edu.