World Vision Ethiopia is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Hub Communications Coordinator in Hawassa, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: Hub Communications Coordinator (SEP Hub-Hawassa)
- Job by World Vision Ethiopia
With the size of World Vision’s programme in Ethiopia, it is important that the World Vision brand, key messages, and communications to communities, internal and external, are of the highest quality. It is important that Area Programmes and Projects are able to efficiently coordinate and produce the communications collateral relevant to their setting. To enable Integrated Programmes operations at a field hub level to operate effectively, the Field Communications Coordinator represents the complete Communications function in the geographical area they cover, providing communications technical production, capacity building, and coordination in 3 main technical areas: Creative Services, Public Engagement, Internal Engagement, with support to Marketing Operations and Supporter Engagement, ensuring field-level implementation of World Vision’s core communications and marketing strategies; Ignite Content, Ignite Global Voices, Ignite staff, and establish high-quality sustainable local funding streams. The role reports to the Integrated Communications Manager with matrix to the relevant field hub leadership.
- As the communications representative for one of Ethiopia’s field hubs, manage the creation and distribution of communications products for the area programmes and projects in that geographical area that builds World Vision brand awareness and increases trust locally and internationally
- Develop a field communications plan that positions World Vision positively with local target audiences
- Support the growth of World Vision’s brand, reputation, and relationships with local audiences, by creation of social and traditional media resources, and media relationship management for increased public interaction with World Vision
- Ensure World Vision’s global brand is aligned and brought to life across all communications resources
- Produce quality stories and messages that are deployed regularly and in sync with Head Office communications – building world vision’s brand trust and awareness.
- Support internal engagement communications and initiatives to ensure staff across Ethiopia are connected, engaged, and inspired to fulfil Our Promise
- Support local marketing efforts, product launches, events and campaigns
- Create high quality communications resources such as
- videos for social media, donors, and broadcast documentary content
- photo stories and essays
- graphic design materials, publications, and reports
- media relations materials such as press releases, statement, and briefings
- articles and stories for local and international marketing
- Monitor, analyse, and report on local communications metrics ensuring data-based decisions lead to increase effectiveness of digital and web engagement
- Manage ContentFlow, StoryHub, and other content management systems
- Ensure the secure and catalogued management of all Communications design digital assets
- Ensure effective communications job flow and project management with Head Office Communications & Marketing teams such as; Creative Services, Public Engagement, Internal Engagement, Marketing Operations, Supporter Engagement, as well as national level Advocacy campaigns – ensuring calendars, timetables, schedules, and itineraries are kept
- Support communications efforts of other Field Communications Coordinators across the country, and of Technical Programme, Grants, and Emergencies (HEA) Communications.
required Professional Experience
- 4-years experience creating and leveraging high-quality communications resources in international humanitarian and development sector, corporate and business communications, or creative sector
- Demonstrated experience working with external production partner relationships, such as agencies or production companies
- Advanced technical skills in several of the major areas of the job, such as; video and photo production, graphic design, editorial and story writing, social and traditional media and in Microsoft Office and creative applications such as Adobe Creative Cloud
- Proven experience of training and capacity building of others
- Advanced level of computer proficiency, Mac and PC
- Experience working with children and youth
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Degree or equivalent in Marketing, Communications, Business, Media, Journalism, Arts or similar
- Professional certifications in any of the technical areas of communications or marketing
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of the marketing, communication, and media industry
- Thorough knowledge of international development, World Vision development practice, and marketing and communications needs
How to Apply
Interested applicants required to apply through this link;
World Vision Ethiopia is a child focused Organization and is striving to keep children safe and is committed to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for this position.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy.”
Note: we do not receive hard copies
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.