Website HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Project Officer – Youth Employment and Partnership in Debark town, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: Project Officer – Youth Employment and Partnership
- Job by HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation
HELVETAS Swiss Intercooperation is an independent development organization based in Switzerland and it has been operating for the last 65 years worldwide. HELVETAS is registered in Ethiopia as foreign organization with the Agency for Civil Society Organization to operate in the areas of Rural Infrastructure, Natural Resource Management, Support to CSO and Local Governments, Skill Development & Education and Emergency Response. See also. www.helvetas.org.
Summary of the position
The Project Officer for YES-Amhara Project will bring in thematic competence in youth employability assessment, organizing, raining and result-based financing models and will provide technical support for the successful implementation of the Project and for the achievement of the project’s goal, objectives, outcomes and outputs, thereby adhering to the principles, working approaches, and strategies of HELVETAS and the YES-AMHARA project. S/he will work with youth, youth groups and structures, local government, private sector and other partners for the delivery of the project activities.
- Facilitate and coordinate the formation of youth groups enterprise to meet the ultimate criteria regarding interest, commitment and qualification, in collaboration with relevant government and other stakeholders in the zone and respective Woredas.
- Provide thematic, technical and methodological support to the youth enterprises and key actors including project signatories at the zonal as well as youth groups for better achievement of the project outputs and outcomes.
- Support proper functioning of potential youth groups, encourage and advise on additional business networks, learning, and experience sharing and spotting opportunities for income earning and enterprise sustainability.
- Ensure functional linkage among youth groups, water users, and other potential industries using innovative approaches in line with the government youth employment strategies and policies.
- Collaborate with the zonal and woreda water, irrigation and energy offices to establish an effective system for better community ownership and management so as to create willingness to pay for water and demand for service of the youth groups.
- Organize and facilitate a zonal multi stakeholders forum inclusive of all relevant partners to create common understanding and joint action on post-construction support for sustainable water supply service.
- With support and guidance from the project manager, prepare annual plan of operations, annual, semi annual and quarterly progress reports abased on reporting templates, and prepare youth enterprises progress, market linkage and partnership related monthly progress report for team reflection and in-house use.
- Support the demand creation for operation and maintenance, training for water, sanitation and hygiene committees (WASHCO) leaders and kebele leaders in order to define the roles and responsibilities of each stake holder (Helvetas, woreda water, technical vocational and educational enterprises development (TVED) office, youth enterprise, WASHCOs, and the community at large as well as to make clear that the operation and maintenance service is a paid service from water tariff as well as cash collection from community exclusively.
- Develop detail implementation plan at site level based on the endorsed project agreement document and work plan.
- Facilitate carrier and employment counseling for youth groups with business development service (BDS).
- Facilitate the delivery of Business skill training, life skills and entrepreneurship including business plan development.
- Actively follow-up life-skill and entrepreneurship trainings and provide capacity building training for youth groups when needed.
- Actively follow-up youth groups training sessions and take feedbacks regarding the training quality and contents of training for future improvement.
- Coordinate and facilitate sensitization and awareness creation to WASHCOs and end users on community ownership and management and the need for payment of users’ fee.
- Continuous support, coordination and networking between key actors to strengthen the link between youth enterprises and user communities (through WASHCO).
- Facilitate the linkage of youth groups with MFIs and other supporting partners and access to the revolving fund scheme for their spare part requirement.
- Train WASHCOs in capacity of record keeping and inventory management.
- Document and share innovations and best practices through showcases, story clips, news articles to sensitize and mobilize water user communities.
- Document feedbacks from partners and look for alternative improvements on lessons learnt and better practices on youth enterprise mode.
- Monitor project activities in accordance with the project milestones, working collaboratively with government and other partners.
- Participate in regular project reviews and experience exchange meetings, share lessons learnt, and represent Helvetas’ views and roles.
- Plan and prepare TOR for different occasions, training and workshops related with youth enterprise capacity development and community ownership and management of WASH facilities.
Qualifications, experiences, and skills:
- BA degree preferred in social work, sociology, Psychology, vocational management, adult education and community Development or related field in Social Sciences
- Minimum of total 5 years experience and of which at least two years NGO experience in TVET training, entrepreneurship, and Micro and small enterprise development of youth.
- Previous experience in working with International NGOs in the areas of skills development will be an added advantage;
- Proven knowledge of the training and MSE sector in Ethiopia;
- inter-personal, negotiation, teamwork, and networking skills;
- good command of English, communication, and social skills;
- computer literate (Microsoft Office);
- good reporting skills and possessing high degree of initiative, integrity, and accountability.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to apply by sending their application and updated CV through HumanResources.ETH@helvetas.org
HELVETAS is an equal opportunity employer; however, women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Please make sure you write the position title and the duty station you are applying for in the subject line.
To apply for this job please visit helvetas.org .