Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Sanitation Marketing Advisor in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: Sanitation Marketing Advisor
- Job by Amref Health Africa
|POSITION TITILE:||Sanitation Marketing Advisor|
|REPORTS TO:||Project Technical Lead|
|Number of Positions||1|
Amref Health Africa is currently planning to implement REACH (Reach, Expand and Access Community Health) project, an integrated SRHR/MHM, and WASH intervention in Jimma and Borena zones of Oromia Region. Amref Health Africa is seeking REACH Project Implementation and Market Based Sanitation Advisor to provide guidance and support on the implementation of Market Based Sanitation for WASH interventions, Coordinate overall project implementation. The position holder will report the Project Technical Lead and closely work with the project team to ensure the project delivers on the outcome based financing deliverables. He/She will also be responsible to ensure generation lessons and practices from implementation with close collaboration with the M&E team and field staff. This will be a local hire position with an anticipated start soon; qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
The Market Based sanitation coordinator is responsible for the overall implementation, coordination and outcomes of market based sanitation sub-component of the REACH project. S/he leads efforts of marker-based sanitation and local sanitation SMEs, as well as all innovative sanitation supply, finance, demands and government engagements.
In addition, her/his role is to influence sanitation and hygiene practices through behavioural change communication with the existing community health structures and schools. S/he will lead the development of demand generation activities and, behavioural change approach in close collaboration with SBCC and other project teams, partners, and will guide joint monitoring and feedback efforts.
Sanitation Marketing and program implementation coordinator will work closely with the wider team under the guidance of WASH advisor responsible for Sanitation demand creation and follow-up to ensure adequate sanitation products supply and services in the local market. He/she will support the integration of hygiene and other activities fully integrated into the district sanitation and other activity plans and monitoring as well as business training and development.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Facilitate to undertake sanitation market analysis, and develop tools and models for sanitation supply, demand, and community and government engagement.
· Develop and prototype training modules for sanitation
· Select, establish and train sanitation businesses and SMEs
· Set standards and support the selection, training and establishment of sanitation volunteers/ marketers
· work with the WASH advisor in designing, testing and roll-outing contextualized sanitation supply chain and market link
· Ensure the accessibility of sanitation technical guidance, handbooks to support field team sanitation marketing implementations
· Support the field team on start-up and sustainability of sanitation business
· Responsible to support the field team on the engagement of MFIs in sanitation loans and linking sanitation SMEs with youth SACCO
· Develop guidance and supporting materials for scale up of local programs;
· Identify governance related sanitation business challenges and create opportunities for removing them
· Design pro-poor support mechanisms for sanitation.
· Develop localized SBCC materials in collaboration with, SBCC unit and local partners;
· Coordinate planning, implementation, and monitoring of REACH activities and support the technical lead in overall project implementation;
· Ensure effective linkages thematic areas in the project.
· Advanced degree in environmental health, marketing, water engineer and other related fields
· At least 7 years of experience
· working experience in sanitation of which at least three to four years are in non-governmental organizations in sanitation marketing and supply chain
· hands-on experience on WASH and Sanitation Marketing
· Working experience on the WASH sector, especially supply and finance prototyping
· Self-starter and initiator
· Capacity to conduct supply chain development and analyses related to sanitation technology
· Experience of business development of micro-enterprises and/or rural micro-finance;
· Knowledge and skills in project planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation (M&E);
· Experience working with local communities and government agencies at national, provincial, and local levels;
· Advanced communication, negotiation, and listening skills
Terms of employment: one year with possible extension
Duty station: Addis Ababa
Required No: One (1)
How to Apply
If you are Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/sanitation-marketing-advisor-coordinator/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be June 30, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.