Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Youth Friendly Service Officer in Addis Ababa/Debrebirhan, Ethiopia.
- Position Title: Youth Friendly Service Officer
- Reports to: Consortium Lead
- Location: Addis Ababa/Debrebirhan
- Job by Amref Health Africa
II. JOB SUMMARY:
Amref Health Africa is seeking a Youth Friendly Services Officer to provide technical assistance and support for the France Development Agency (AFD) funded project. This Officer is responsible for technical assistance and guidance to ensure the availability, accessibility, and utilization of integrated, evidence-based, and high-quality youth-friendly services across health, education, and financial sectors in the selected cities. S/he will coordinate with the M&E unit to identify barriers for youth-friendly service across these sectors and collaboratively design strategies with youth and other stakeholders to help them overcome these barriers. The Officer will provide technical support such as capacity building training, workshops, consultative meetings with relevant stakeholders, supportive supervision, developing tools and guidelines that will contribute to a quality Youth Friendly Service in the implementation area. The Officer will also advocate for the implementation of youth-friendly service provision at a different setting where youth assemble including in private and public institutions to impact key decision-makers.
II. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Officer will support the technical assistance and implementation of the youth-friendly services in the health, education, and financial sectors in AFD funded youth project. S/he will:
- Coordinate mapping of youth-serving private and public institution /departments in the intervention city;
- Support the identification of barriers for the youth-friendly services in each intervention city and design a strategy;
- Support the development of context-specific youth-friendly service packages with full youth participation;
- Facilitate the identification of needs to provide capacity building for both Health professionals and government stakeholders on institutionalizing youth-friendly service;
- Develop tools, approaches, and capacity building programs to enhance the capacity of youth, youth-serving organizations, and service providers to youth;
- Work closely with youth groups to increase awareness of, demand for, and access to youth-friendly services;
- Ensure friendly youth services mainstreaming in different youth-serving and youth-led private and public institutions, such as the youth hubs, youth centers, health facilities, industrial parks, and Higher Education Institutions including TVET;
- Identify youth-friendly service setups, working conditions, responsible groups and organize experience sharing workshops, technical support, agreements, supervision, networking and facilitate the learning process;
- Strengthen the capacity of young people, through mentorship and coaching.
- Develop and implement capacity strengthening plans. Develop tools, checklists, and guides to facilitate assessment and knowledge transfer.
- Provide technical assistance and support to the private and public implementation site Health Centers.
- Working closely with M&E officer to contribute for tracking and documentation of achievements and challenges including key learnings and best practices;
- In collaboration with direct supervisor, contribute to the development of work plans and annual implementation plans that are consistent with the activity goals and objectives;
- Timely submission of narrative reports and oral presentations on the project.
- Prepare update reports on project progress, achievements, challenges, and way forwards toward meeting deliverables.
- Bachelor Degree in Health or health related field from a recognized university;
- Minimum of five years of experience implementing youth development activities (e.g., health, education, economic empowerment), with at least two years of senior-level experience;
- Experience in youth program management, particularly in youth-friendly service provision, meaningful youth participation/engagement/advocacy skills;
- Experience in collaborating with a variety of Ethiopian stakeholders such as youth, government officials, NGOs, donors, the private sector, and community-based organizations;
- Experience in developing and implementing effective capacity strengthening models and approaches for stakeholders;
- Experience in conducting training in out-of-reach sites;
- Experience working collaboratively with youth from diverse backgrounds;
- Strong presentation, reporting, and communication skills;
- Strong ability in proper documentation of activities;
- Spoken and written fluency in English and Amharic;
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, and PowerPoint and proper communication via email;
How to Apply
If you are Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/youth-friendly-service-officer/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be June 30, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.