Amref Health Africa
Amref Health Africa is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of SRHR Officer in Yabello-Borena and Jima, Ethiopia.
- Job Title: SRHR Officer (Yabello-Borena and Jima)
- Job by Amref Health Africa
|POSITION TITILE:||SRHR Officer|
|REPORTS TO:||Project Technical Lead|
|SUPERVISES:||Project Officers, Assistants and Interns|
|LOCATION:||Borena-Yabelo and Jima|
|Number of Positions||3|
I. PROJECT OVERVIEW
REACH (Reach, Expand and Access Community Health) project, an integrated SRHR/MHM, and WaSH intervention in Jimma and Borena zones of Oromia Region will be implemented by a consortium of EngenderHealth, Amref Health Africa and DKT. Amref Health Africa is seeking a an SRHR program Officer to facilitate the implementation of SRHR interventions with close collaboration with the project team. The position holder will report technically to the REACH project M&E advisor and functionally to the M&E and Research Manager. He/She will be responsible to ensure generation of quality data, lessons and practices from implementation. This will be a local hire position with an anticipated start soon; qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
II. Job Summary
The position holder will provide technical lead in implementing SRHR programs of REACH Project. Project staff will ensure quality programming to SRHR thematic areas and serve as operational lead for the field office including WASH and Nutrition contents of the project. . Lead, monitor and evaluate technical aspects of REACH Project. Coordinate and networks Zonal level authorities in consultation with the REACH project field team, contributing to the demand creation, referral and the overall management of the REACH project at cluster level.
III. Key Responsibilities:
· Technical lead for SRHR and Nutrition thematic areas and lead the implementation of demand creation interventions, referral for service uptake. Oversees REACH Project at field level as operation coordinator for WASH thematic areas too
· Facilitates and ensure project SRHR plan at district level to be prepared with full participation of the community and partners
· Ensure that planning and implementation of the project activities are in accordance with the program principles, approaches, and procedures of the organization
· Ensures targeting for REACH project beneficiaries are made in participatory manner
· Works closely with woreda and Zonal partners in planning, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of the project activities.
· Supports and facilitates the district plan to include REACH projects plan and thoroughly understood and be accountable for SRHR implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the projects.
· Create strong system for demand creation and confirmed referral to PHCUs at the ground
· Ensures that the project activities are implemented according to the technical specification set together with partners and time schedule and also within the limit of the planned budget.
· Ensures that the project’s capacity building activities implemented in line with the felt need and demand of the users and address objectives set.
· Ensures that gender issues are properly addressed during the process of the project planning and implementation.
· Support and coordinate needs assessment and capacity building in areas of REACH project implementation strategies, methodologies, and activities to woreda partners and village level community institutions,
· In collaboration with the partners, develop a capacity building plan and facilitate training, exchange visits and apprenticeships. Contributes to the adaptation of training materials and experiences for application in diverse cultural and social contexts.
· Organizes and facilitates joint participatory monitoring programs with the woreda partners and community groups, both technical and management bodies, document lessons and provide feedback to the project office.
· Facilitates organization and strengthening woreda level project steering committee and/or task force and assist in the development of participatory monitoring and evaluation skills/knowledge.
· Facilitate and encourage regular review meetings and project review schedules at woreda level and help the different institutions have it institutionalized commitment.
· Supports and builds the capacity of the government staffs, including HEWs have deeper understanding of the different technical areas of the projects. Participatory monitoring and evaluation, and including community empowerment and right based approach.
· Builds the technical and managerial capacity of community in planning and implementing projects SRHR thematic areas effectively and efficiently
· Conduct regular review meetings with the front-line staffs and development agents and record lessons and provide feedback to the participants and to the project.
· Together with the partners sets project quality standards and action steps and monitor the performance accordingly.
· Keeps up to date the new development in the sectors, including best practices and ensures ongoing personal development and learning.
· Prepares regular and up to date project progress reports and discuss with representatives partners.
· Represents Amref health Africa and the REACH project at Woreda level being member of different task force and others as required;
· Ensures that organizational core values, policies, procedures and program approaches are clearly understood and adhered to in the daily functioning of the Woreda office and that information to monitor project progress and organizational performance, including M & E data, are collected and used for organizational learning, decision making, reporting, and for promoting innovations.
· Coordinates the preparation of trainings, organizing trainings, preparing training/learning materials in close collaboration with other partners.
· Responsible to ensure that the project is implemented integrated within Amref projects implemented in the areas and government plans.
· Reviews and summarizes monthly and quarterly report for the woreda and submit to technical lead in timely manner
· Act as a project technical focal person including WASH, SRHR/MHM and nutrition thematic areas in liaising the project implementation to country office team
· B.SC. in nursing, public health and other health related discipline are desirable
- Minimum of Five years of experience in SRH project implementation, focusing on Youth and Adolescent
- Experience in conducting trainings and practice documentation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Communication & writing skills in both Afan Oromo & English
- Excellent computer skills
- In addition, the ideal candidate must have strong analytical, problem solving and networking skills.
- Be a team player and communicator and work under minimal supervision.
Terms of employment: one year with possible extension
Duty Station: Oromia, Borena-yabelo
required number: – 1
How to Apply
If you are Interested? Please visit our website https://amref.org/job/srhr-program-officer-borena/ and https://amref.org/job/srhr-program-officer-jimma/ to make your application. You will be directed to our online portal where you will need to create an account in order for you to be able to submit your application. Your application should include a cover letter detailing why you are the best fit for this position and your CV with relevant skills and experience. Closing date will be June 30, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any money at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process and has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment. Amref Health Africa is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Amref Health Africa is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.