NRC (Norwegian Refugee Council)
NRC is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics Officer in Sherkole, Benishangul Gumuz, Ethiopia.
1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Logistic Officer is to provide the day-to-day implementation of the logistic function’s responsibility, and while this role covers Metekel zone, it will also provide support with other logistics tasks at Area Office when required.
1. Ensure adherence to NRC policies, handbooks, guidelines, SOP’s, and donor requirements
2. Implement delegated logistic functions portfolio according to Plan of Action
3. Conduct and follow up daily operational logistic activities
4. Support the administration of resources so that deliverables are achieved within set budgets, timelines, and standards
5. Prepare and develop logistic reports as required by Country/Area office
6. Support in development of SOPs as requested
7. Ensure proper filing of all support documents according to NRC policy
8. Promote and share ideas for improvement of the logistic function
9. Perform other duties, as assigned by Line Manager
· Implement a responsive and efficient logistic system at field office level
- Regularly visit field locations and provide onsite logistics support to staff
- Raise awareness on NRC policies and procedures to relevant staff and partners, Code of Conduct, Anti-corruption policy, etc.
· Active and regular search for suppliers with prequalification process and establishment of vendor database, which includes supplier performance information.
· Maintain a high-quality procurement system which is accountable, transparent, and compliant with NRC Procurement Policy and donor regulations
· Support program team in preparations of procurement plans when required
· Ensure implementation of the internal control system which ensures that PRs and Purchase Orders are duly and accurately prepared
- Liaise with programme staff to ensure timely delivery of procured goods and services
· Ensure that procurement files are complete and submitted to Finance Department for timely payments of procured Goods and Services
- Ensure established Framework Agreements are being utilised for procurements at area level
- Conduct technical inspection and ensure road worthiness of vehicles before deployed to the field
· Follow-up the movement of vehicles in area of responsibility
· Keep track of transport and goods related documentations, such as contracts, waybills, etc.
· Ensure that the daily management of the entire vehicle fleet is in line with NRC Vehicle Management policies
· In cooperation with programme, prepare weekly cargo transport and distribution plans, supervise the road transport movements, and coordinate transportation of cargo with all programme, AO and CO
· Responsible for ensuring that warehousing practices are in accordance with the NRC Logistics handbook
· Ensure that the storage facilities/warehousing are secure, fit for purpose, meet health and safe working practice requirements, including food commodities
· Ensure that stock utilization and replenishment systems are adequate to maintain an adequate supply of basic commodities to facilitate the smooth operation of the program
Liaise with program staff to ensure stock usage and distribution at end of grants
Generic professional competencies:
· Minimum 3 years’ experience from working as a logistics or procurement officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
· Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
· Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities, including quality logistic reporting
· Fluency in English, both written and verbal
· Valid driver’s license
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
- Good knowledge of the area and context in Benishangul Gumuz Region
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of supply management and contract management experience
- Knowledge of NGO operations and the dynamics of the humanitarian sector is an advantage
- Ability to handle information of a sensitive/confidential nature
- Accurate filing skills
· Knowledge of local languages is an added advantage
· Good computer application skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, database and network communications.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria are invited to send in their application letters including updated curriculum vitae with day-time telephone number and contact details of three work-related referees only through:
N:B-We will consider only those applications submitted through above NRC Career Link!
To apply for this job please visit www.nrc.no.