Water and Land Resource Centre (WLRC)
Water and Land Resource Centre (WLRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Postdoctoral Researcher In Water Quality in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Postdoctoral Researcher will be led by Dr Tena Alamirew and Dr Solomon Gebreyohannis Gebrehiwot, WLRC, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia. He/She will work within Water Quality stream and required to:
- Manage and co-ordinate the integrated work towards understanding of water quality
dynamics along the Awash River basin in Ethiopia. This means:
- Lead and organize expert meeting who are working on Awash River Basin,
- Give technical support to experts working on water quality of Awash River Basin,
- Travel to field sites,
- Engage in monitoring of aquatic eco-system health state of Awash River and
tributiaries using miniSAAS tool,
- Engage in analysis and characterization of river water and soil samples in middle and
- Manage and lead the research on integrated water quality dynamics along the Awash River,
- Assist workshops, meetings, and events with regard to water quality in REACH,
- Work collaboratively with scientists at WLRC and Oxford, and in collaboration with
researchers on the Water Security Hub,
- Produce water quality related publications
- 2 journal papers on 1) Integrated water quality dynamics on physico-chemical
parameters, and 2) Dynamics on heavy metals along the course of Awash River
- Working paper on Awash Basin water quality challenges and the way forward
o A policy brief on Water quality in Awash Basin.
o Organize stakeholder events on citizen science on water quality risk analysis
• Engage in creating REACH’s research linkages to policy and participation in the development of stakeholder engagement activities
- PhD degree in Environmental Science or Analytical Chemistry or Water Quality
Management or Relevant field;
- Proven experience in systematic review of water quality related data
- Proven experience in hydrologic/hydraulic transport modeling
- Awareness of key challenges and policy gaps within the water quality management in
- Proven experience in analysis for research using quantitative and qualitative data analysis tools and softwares.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write for publication, present
research results, and represent the research group;
- Excellent skill in leading and facilitating team work;
Duty station : Water and Land Resource Center (WLRC), Addis Ababa University (AAU), Ethiopia
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to submit: A cover letter specifically addressing how the applicant meets the requirements listed
• Latest CV including the names and contact details of referees.
• REACH is funded by FCDO, UK . Hence the recruitment for this position will be in accordance
with REACH Programme strategies including the Programme Gender Strategy and relevant guidance.
• Application can be send to REACH Ethiopia Country Manager Dr Solomon Gebreyohannis
Gebrehiwot, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
• Latest date of application 30 May 2022.
Further information contact Dr Solomon Gebreyohannis Gebrehiwot, Tele +251 922822702;
Further information about the REACH Programme can be found at www.reachwater.org.uk
Further information about WLRC can be found at www.wlrc-eth.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org