Water and Land Resource Centre (WLRC)
Water and Land Resource Centre (WLRC) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCHER IN SUSTAINABLE LAND MANAGEMENT (SLM) in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Postdoctoral Researcher will be led by Dr Solomon Gebreyohannis Gebrehiwot and Dr Tena
Alamirew, in collaboration with co-researchers at the WLRC, Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
and the Oxford University, UK. He/She shall work within Climate Resilience Stream and
- Manage and lead the integrated work towards understanding of SLM and CR work and its
implication to water security in Ethiopia. This means:
- Lead and organize expert meeting who are working on SLM-CR within REACH
- Give technical support to experts working on SLM-CR,
- Travel to field sites.
- Manage and lead modeling and analysis of hydro-climate data,
- Assist workshops, meetings, and events with regard to SLM and water security in REACH
- Work collaboratively with scientists at WLRC and Oxford, and in collaboration with
researchers engaged in other projects,
- Produce SLM-CR related publications
o 2 journal papers on 1) Integrated SLM and CR based on reviews and work of REACH,
and 2) Implication of SLM – CR work on Water Security
o Engage in preparing a working paper on SLM – CR challenges and the way forward
o A policy brief on SLM – CR and water security in Ethiopia.
- Organize stakeholder events on CR and climate adaptation
• Engage in creating REACH’s research linkages to policy and participation in the development
of stakeholder engagement activities
- PhD degree in Hydrological sciences and Water Resources Management;
- Awareness of key challenges and policy gaps within the CR and SLM in Ethiopia towards
addressing water security;
- Proven experience in developing and coordinating Hydro-climate data collection and
- Proven experience for research using computational capabilities and hydro-climate
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to write for publication, present
research results, and represent the research group;
- Excellent skill in leading and facilitating team work.
Duty station : Water and Land Resource Center (WLRC), Addis Ababa University (AAU), Ethiopia
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are required to submit:
• A cover letter specifically addressing how the applicant meets the requirements listed above.
• Latest Curriculum Vitae including the names and contact details of referees.
• REACH is funded by FCDO, UK as such the recruitment for this position will be in accordance
with REACH Programme strategies including the Programme Gender Strategy and relevant guidance.
• Application can be send to REACH Ethiopia Country Manager Dr Solomon Gebreyohannis
Gebrehiwot, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com.
• Latest date of application : 30 May 2022
Further information contact Dr Solomon Gebreyohannis Gebrehiwot, Tele +251 922822702;
Further information about the REACH Programme can be found at www.reachwater.org.uk
Further information about WLRC can be found at www.wlrc-eth.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org