Médecins du Monde
Médecins du Monde is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Logistics coordinator in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Currently, MdM France is operating in 2 two regions:
Afar region with a program on reduction of gender-based violence among female sex workers funded by the French Agency for Development untill 2024. Additionally, and since last year MdM has been aiming to intervene in the border areas between Afar and Tigray regions affected by the ongoing hostilities. Funds are secured through ECHO.
MdM-FR also has a project in Oromia region to improve access to quality health services through ECHO funds leading a consortium with COOPI and MdM Germany.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the general coordinator and in collaboration with the HQ logistics referent, you will be in charge of developing and supporting the implementation of the tools, processes, and developing the capacity of the logistics teams in each area of operation. You will also be responsible for providing technical support to MdM Germany for the implementation of its projects in the Somali region.
Your main responsibilities are:
Logistics support and management
- Provide day to day support particularly on MdM FRrance tools, procedures, report and team management
- Design training curricula based on the competences assessment
- Spend 50% of time in field bases providing technical training and support to logistics staff
- Ensure the good filling and follow-up of all the logistics tools for a good capitalization
- Provide input on logistics matters to the coordination team for budgeting
- Ensure the good communication between logistics teams, and with the other departments
- Provide strategic inputs for the development of MdM France Ethiopia’s logistics’ planning and processes
- Perform the role of technical adviser to the program teams
- Follow up on the development of procurement plans with program, finance and logistics inputs
- Be responsible for the appropriate selection and installation, use and maintenance of equipment
Procurement & supply chain
- Be in charge of the implementation, follow up and respect of MdM France and donors’ procurement procedures
- Ensure active monitoring of the purchasing process
- Ensure the existence and maintenance of a supplier database and develop robust local supplier relationships at national level
- Follow up on asset and stock registry
- Be responsible for the line management of specified logistics staff including recruitment and performance management
- Create and follow up on individual training plans for all logistics staff
- Conduct a procurement files audit
- Participate in development, review, implementation and monitoring of MdM’s security measures
- Evaluate and ensure the safety of offices and guesthouses
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 2 860 euros
Based in Addis Ababa, with 50% time spent on field visits
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
At least 3 years of humanitarian missions experience in emergency contexts
At least 3 years of experience in logistics with an NGO, as a logistics coordinator is an asset
Experience in security assessment and management
Experience in capacity building and trainings
Languages: fluent in English is mandatory
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply
To apply, click on the following link:
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.