/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:”Times New Roman”;
Tearfund is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post Senior Finance Officer in AA, Ethiopia
Job Title: Senior Finance Officer – Ethiopia
Job by Tearfund
Tearfund in Ethiopia is looking for a competent and experienced Senior Finance Officer. The Senior Finance Officer (SFO) will support the Tearfund Finance team in establishing and managing consistent, effective and efficient financial reporting and management systems and procedures within tearfund and partner organisations.
Tearfund is a UK based, Christian INGO working in over 45 of the poorest countries around the world, to lift people out of poverty, using local partners and churches wherever possible. Key to our success are our values and characteristics, and the dedication and professionalism of Tearfund staff and partners in the countries we work. Tearfund has been working in Ethiopia since the 1970s.
The Senior Finance Officer (SFO) is responsible for assisting partner programme and finance staff to meet Tearfund and Donor’s requirements.
We are looking for a candidate with:
- Proven financial management experience
- Proven track record of Subgrants management
- Proven experience in institutional donor financial reporting
- Proven experience in capacity building or coaching of staff and or partners
- Proven experience working with accounting software and online systems
- Experience in overseeing financial compliance
- Experience supporting internal and external audits
The successful applicant will also have:
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Ability to manage stress;
- Organisational and administrative skills;
- Strong interpersonal and team skills;
Do you’ve the required skills and experience? If so, we would love to hear from you.
This is a national full time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Therefore, Ethiopian nationals will be given preference for this role.
All applicants must be committed to Tearfund’s Christian beliefs
The recruitment process will include specific checks related to safeguarding. In addition, personal identification information will be submitted against a Watchlist database to check against criminal convictions as a counter-terror measure.
How to apply