International Organization for Migration (IOM) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post Project Associate (DTM-Data Analysis) in AA, Ethiopia
#ethiojobs #jobsinethiopia, #jobvacancy
- Job Title: Project Associate (DTM-Data Analysis)
- Job by International Organization for Migration
SPECIAL VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Open to Internal & External Candidates
Position Title: Project Associate (DTM-Data Analysis)
Duty Station: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Type of Appointment: SST, Six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Posting Period: 11.08.2023 – 21.08.2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting human and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal & External candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy.
Organizational Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM) and direct supervision of the National Project Officer NOA (DTM-Database Management); the successful candidate will perform the following functions. Implementing data collection tools, data cleaning, data validation with field teams, and dealing with ad-hoc information management related tasks. Creating data stories and interactive dashboards to better explain data to non data users and perform statistical analysis to enhance data collected and users’ understanding of mobility in Ethiopia.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Retrieve, compile, summarize, analyze, and present information/data on specific project topics.
- Implement, monitor, and maintain database information systems & survey forms to gather and process information required for DTM implementation, using standard design principles and patterns to attain high re-usability and maintainability.
- Contribute to formulating hypotheses and test them through statistical methodologies, finding the meaning of numbers with respect to the context.
- Assist to improve and automate data validation mechanisms to support operational and reporting systems.
- Assist to perform data cleaning, analysis, visualizing, and conducting triangulation of information and implement proper backup, archive, and security procedures to ensure data integrity and availability.
- Contextualize data collected for nontechnical audiences.
- Draft data stories and dashboards to better visualize DTM data.
- Contribute to performing statistical analysis using the DTM and third-party data to increase understanding of mobility in the country.
- Draft status reports, identify shortfalls in delivery, bring them to the attention of the supervisor and suggest remedial actions.
- Draft correspondence on project issues; prepare and update reports, briefing notes, graphics, statistical tables, presentations, and other forms of documentation.
- Respond to complex information requests and inquiries; set up and maintain files/records; organize meetings, workshops, and training sessions.
- Participate in meetings and conferences; assist in coordinating implementation activities with local authorities, partners, United Nation agencies, intergovernmental and non-governmental organizations, donors and other stakeholders relevant to the project.
- Assist in monitoring work of implementing partners and report non-compliances to the supervisor.
- Provides guidance/training to new/junior staff.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- School diploma with five years of relevant experience; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, Information Technology, Data Science, Information Management, Computer Science, International Relations, Development Studies, Migration Studies, Human Rights, Law or related fields from an accredited academic institution with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in working with migrants, refugees, internally displaced persons, victims of trafficking and other vulnerable groups; and,
- Prior work experience with international humanitarian organizations, non-government or government institutions/organization in a multi-cultural setting is an advantage.
- Experience in data analysis/information management/data visualization, previous experience with IOM DTM an advantage;
- Experience with GIS and spatial analysis an advantage.
- Ability to verify, clean and process data using MS SQL Server and MS Excel required;
- Ability to design and maintain databases using MS SQL Server (Administration and Query);
- Ability to address system irregularities and troubleshoot;
- Ability to do data modelling, produce static and dynamic measurements for different trend, time specified and multi sectoral analysis as needed;
- Knowledge of mobile data collection, Kobo Toolbox (XLS Form design and data management);
- Experience with design software Adobe Creative Cloud, Tableau, PowerBI etc. required;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Thorough knowledge of spoken and written English is required.
- Working knowledge of other local languages is an advantage.
Values and Competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent, and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Courage: Demonstrates willingness to take a stand on issues of importance.
- Empathy: Shows compassion for others, makes people feel safe, respected and fairly treated.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge, and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply
Interested applicants you can view the advert via reliefweb.int and you are required to send your application letter enclosed with your updated CV to RECADDIS@iom.int ONLY. Please put the vacancy number, job title, and the duty station you are applying for in the subject line i.e. “Application for Project Associate (DTM-Data Analysis), IOM-SVN/0092/2023, Addis Ababa”
- Any application without this information in the subject line and that does not fulfill/attach the below-listed documents will be disqualified and excluded from the applications.
- Motivation/Application letter indicating the short vacancy number and position title as mentioned in the short vacancy notice.
- CV (written in English) with three professional referees and their contacts (both email and telephone) and Copies of all Academic Certificates from an Accredited University
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The appointment is subject to funding confirmation.
We strongly encourage qualified women to apply!
From 11 August 2023 – 21 August 2023