Mercy Corps Ethiopia is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post StoreKeeper in Liben, Goro Dola woreda of East Borena Zone Gumi Eldelo, Boru, and Wadera Woreda of Guji Zone, Ethiopia
#ethiojobs #jobsinethiopia, #jobvacancy
- Job Title: Storekeeper
- Job by Mercy Corps Ethiopia
About Mercy Corps
Mercy Corps is a leading global organization powered by the belief that a better world is possible. In disaster, in hardship, in more than 40 countries around the world, we partner to put bold solutions into action helping people triumph over adversity and build stronger communities from within now, and for the future.
Mercy Corps has been operating in Ethiopia since 2004. In partnership with civil society organizations, private sector, and the government, Mercy Corps Ethiopia has reached more than five million Ethiopians with interventions to save lives and build secure livelihoods. Our programs emphasize market-driven solutions, reinforce social bonds, and help communities build resilience to the impacts of climate change. Currently in six regional states – Afar, Gambella, Oromia, Somali, Amhara and South Nations, Nationalities and People’s Region (SNNPR) – Mercy Corps Ethiopia is driven by the mission to contribute the emergence of a peaceful, resilient, and prosperous Ethiopia which is inclusive of youth and women. Our strategic directions focus in promoting inclusive and dynamic markets; promoting peace and social cohesion through strengthening formal/informal governance structures and citizen engagement; improved natural resource governance; and integrated humanitarian response.
Position Title: Storekeeper
Duty Station: Liben, Goro Dola woreda of East Borena Zone Gumi Eldelo, Seba
Boru, and Wadera Woreda of Guji Zone
Duration of the project: 6 Months
General Position Summary
The storekeeper will ensure smooth operations of Mercy Corps warehouses and manage the receipt, dispatch, and inventory keeping of all goods that entered the storage facilities. Through implementing Mercy Corps Warehousing procedures, the warehouse assistant ensures that all inventories/commodities will be accounted for in accordance with Mercy Corps and donor requirements.
Essential Job Responsibilities
Strategy & Vision
- Collaborate with other team members for effective integration between other services like Nutrition and health services.
- Collaborate with Local authorities and other partners to harmonize different efforts for better impact and sustainability.
- Able to learn and update his/ her information or knowledge to adapt the changing situation and context.
- Understanding and follow the Mercy Corps warehouse policy and Procedure.
- Ensure the timely delivery of commodities to respective Programs in coordination with emergency program staff.
- Receive and inspects commodities upon delivery and as per the description on the waybill or dispatch note and rejects inadequate, broken, lower quality and other items not meeting the requirements of the order; and maintains a record for each item.
- Dispatch/Issue food and non-food commodities and other relief materials from the warehouse based on the appropriate procedure and as per the dispatch plan; arrange transportation to the distribution center in coordination with MC support and emergency team and update the record..
- Prepare reports on a monthly base; perform regular physical inventories of commodities in the warehouse.
- Prepare reports of monthly stocks, end-of-grant stocks, and other physical counts, as instructed by the supervisor.
- Maintain manual and electronic copies of the inventory list; and update records daily;
- Generate the commodities movement way bills/dispatch notes and gate passes.
- Assist programs in daily activities when necessary;
- Collect the beneficiary distribution lists; review if all the necessary information is included; reconcile with the records and hand over to the concerned staff.
- Perform random weight checks of goods received; report all shortages and/or damage.
- Ensure the proper filing of all warehouse and commodity management documents.
- Produce weekly and monthly stock loss reports, commodity receipt, and dispatch reports. Develop a rational filing system for rapid retrieval of documents.
- Review Delivery Notes (e.g., Waybills, Goods Received Notes) and produce loss reports and submit all verified documents to the supervisor for approval.
- Supervise cleaning, maintenance and repair of the warehouse. Conduct regular warehouse inspections to check for the presence of insects and rodents.
- Ensure accurate and neat stacking of commodities. Train laborers on good stacking methods and commodity handling practices.
- Handling cash and facilitating payment for daily work.
- Take delivery of goods/commodities when projects are phased out.
- Perform other tasks as identified and judged necessary by MC Emergency Response Program team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Ethiopia.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the warehouse in coordination with the Mobile Health and Nutrition team.
- Interacts with transporters in the receiving and inspection of goods and liaise with the program and support team to ensure smooth dispatch of commodities.
Influence & Representation
- Creates and maintains a relationship with community volunteers and helps them to contribute to the program.
- Always upholds the image and values of Mercy Corps,
- Educate the community to improve their health and nutrition services-seeking behavior and motivate them to come to health facilities.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
GEDSI (GENDER, EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND SOCIAL INCLUSION)
- Be a thought partner in the recruitment of diverse team and promoting inclusive and safe work environment including supporting early career team members to fulfil their professional goals)
- Lead by example to promote gender equal and inclusive workplace culture in a day-to-day interaction with team members, partners and program participants.
As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
- We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening, and evolving to become more diverse, equitable, and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Mercy Corps is an equal-opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have a sustained global impact.
- We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC and have signed on to the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. We will not tolerate child abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
Knowledge and Experience
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management, Accounting, Management, Business Administration or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in warehouse management or store management
- Local languages- Speaking Afaan Oromo is COMPULSORY
- Previous work experience with a non-governmental organization especially Mercy corps in the area of community work.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Organized, reliable, and good communication skills
- Ability to read, write and speak English and Local Language fluently
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work well with a team
- Ability to work successfully in remote and challenging settings with limited resources
- Willingness to work with the community
- High motivation, initiative and adaptability
How to Apply
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications must be submitted electronically including a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents.
Only candidates that are short-listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Qualified female and young candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.”
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS:25 August 2023/ 4:00 PM
Applicants Must Fill their Information through the link: