Overview of position
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor will be responsible for ensuring effective and efficient monitoring and evaluation of the DDR programme implemented in Ethiopia. The M&E Advisor will work closely with the demobilization and reintegration team, partners, and stakeholders to develop, implement, and maintain the M&E systems, tools, and processes to track programme results and impact in line with the performance indicators and targets. Under the supervision of the Commissioner, NRC.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the M&E plan: S/he will be responsible for developing the M&E plan of the DDR programme in consultation with the programme team, partners, and stakeholders. The M&E plan will include the M&E systems, tools, processes, and timelines.
- Maintain and update the M&E system: S/he will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the M&E system for the DDR programme. This will include designing and adapting M&E tools and processes, collecting data, analyzing, and reporting on the results, and monitoring the progress against the targets.
- Monitor programme implementation: S/he will be responsible for monitoring the implementation of the DDR programme, ensuring that it is in line with the programme objectives and targets. The officer will work with the programme team to identify and address gaps and challenges that may arise during the implementation of the programme.
- Evaluate programme impact: S/he will be responsible for evaluating the impact of the DDR programme. This will include analyzing the results of the programme and assessing whether the programme is meeting its objectives and targets.
- Reporting: S/he will be responsible for preparing and presenting regular reports on the results of the DDR programme to the programme team, partners, and stakeholders. These reports will provide information on the progress of the programme, challenges encountered, and recommendations for improvement.
- Preparing and presenting regular reports on the results of the DDR programme to the programme team, partners, and stakeholders.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining M&E systems, tools, and processes.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and the ability to use data to draw insights and make recommendations for improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to work effectively with programme staff, partners, and stakeholders.
- The position is open to Ethiopian nationals.
- Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for this role need to register on the CTG website as a candidate and apply for this role using this link: