ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Crops Value Chain Advisors in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Crops Value Chain Advisors, Ethiopia
ACDI/VOCA is seeking Crops Value Chain Advisors for an anticipated agriculture program in Ethiopia funded by USAID. This activity will increase access to healthy diets, particularly for women and children, by improving the competitiveness, inclusiveness, and resilience of the food and agriculture system.
The Crops Value Chain Advisors will oversee value chains as determined by the Chief of Party and identify potential leverage points while engaging agribusinesses to strengthen the value chains. The program is anticipated to start in early 2022 and this position is envisioned to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Serve as the principal expert for selected value chain strengthening
- Lead technical contributions and oversight in attaining project goals and objectives through increasing productivity and facilitating market linkages
- Analyze constraints within specific value chains and create a strategy for addressing these constraints
- Identify and develop end market opportunities
- Lead the program strategy for private sector engagement that supports the three discrete, but interconnected program objectives
- Engage with value chain actors to scale agricultural production to local, regional, and national markets
- Design activities and interventions to improve value chain service delivery, product quality; and that increases market potential for regional and/or international trade
- Coordinate delivery of training, extension services, and/or technical assistance to agribusinesses
- Promote a culture of collaboration and learning amongst internal project staff and project stakeholders through knowledge sharing, developing thought pieces, and attending industry events
- Assist in providing content for quarterly and annual project reports
- Ensure inclusive programming with attention to ensuring equitable benefits for women, youth, and other marginalized populations
- Master’s in agronomy, crop production, agriculture, agribusiness, agricultural economics or related field is required
- Minimum 10 years of experience working in market systems or value chain focused development programs and working with public and private actors to facilitate market-based and sustainable services
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID rules and regulations is preferred
- Experience in chickpea, coffee, and/or maize value chain projects is preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) and Climate Smart Approaches
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in Ethiopia preferred
- Fluency in English required, Amharic preferred
Ethiopian nationals are highly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.