Chemonics is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Director of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Chemonics seeks a Director of Monitoring Evaluation and Learning for the anticipated 5-year, $65-75 million Feed the Future Ethiopia Food and Agricultural System Transformation (FAST) activity. The purpose of this future USAID/Ethiopia agriculture programming will be to increase the availability of safe, diverse, nutritious foods, increase incomes in the food and agriculture sectors, and increase the convenience and desirability of safe, diverse, nutritious foods. Achieving these results will require a set of interventions that increase demand-driven production, increase food safety and quality, increase entrepreneurship and employment in the food and agriculture system, and increase public-private partnerships to advance key social priorities.
The MEL Director will be responsible for leading all MEL activities for the project, assisting the project with refining and utilizing their MEL capabilities and usage, and ensuring the project has the tools needed to make evidence-based decisions. We anticipate that the position will be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The project is expected to be 5 years. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall support, advice, and oversight on program-level monitoring and evaluation
- Offer technical assistance in the development, selection, and application of M&E processes and tools
- Support and advise colleagues on activity-level monitoring and evaluation efforts, ensuring quality and consistency across efforts
- Supervise and mentor MEL staff
- Support and advise colleagues on activity-level monitoring and evaluation efforts, ensuring quality and consistency
- Oversee and advise colleagues on information management processes by reviewing data collection efforts, overall data reliability, consistency, and quality
- Provide input and advice on procurement of M&E third-party services if needed
- Minimum of 10 years of demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Master’s degree in relevant field; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods, including surveys and focus groups
- Proficiency with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access; familiarity with statistical software is highly desired, but not required
- Experience working with USAID projects
- Experience working in Ethiopia preferred
- Ethiopian nationals encouraged to apply
Please apply by using this link. Applications must be submitted by April 8th, 2022. Early applications encouraged. No telephone inquiries, please.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually.