Chemonics International is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Social and Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director based in Addis Ababa , Ethiopia.
Chemonics International, a Washington D.C.-based international development organization, seeks to fill the position of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Director for the anticipated USAID Strengthening Ethiopian Civic Voice and Agency (SECVA) project in Ethiopia. The $10-25 million, five-year project will aim to strengthen sub-national government, increase citizen engagement, and strengthen civil society oversight using locally led, problem-driven, adaptive approaches. The MEL Director will be based in Addis with extensive travel in the country. The MEL Director is responsible for leading all aspects of baseline assessments, indicator and target setting, and information management, building capacity of the project team and stakeholders. Candidates should possess considerable successful experience in leading MEL work in donor-funded programs in countries in Africa with particular expertise in decentralization reform. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supports the initial analysis to inform the targeted activities
- Ensures staff collect and report and compiles MEL data for reporting
- Provides MEL -focused technical leadership and guidance to project leadership, other program technical leads
- Ensures that activities, advocacy and grants, and research efforts integrate MEL considerations
- A Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area such as international development required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure MEL integration in project design, implementation, and evaluation
- Experience developing and delivering MEL-themed content in training materials preferred
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office)
- Prior USAID experience preferred
- Experience with mobile data collection (i.e., tablet or phone-based applications) preferred
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize effectively
- Exposure to USAID’s managing for results approach desired
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Oral and written fluency in English required
How to Apply:
To apply visit this link. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until March 15, 2022.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
COVID-19 Recruitment Information
Chemonics International is monitoring COVID-19 activity around the world. The health and wellbeing of our staff is of the utmost importance to us, and we continue to hire for all open roles with interviewing and on-boarding done virtually.