People In Need - PIN
People In Need – PIN is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Field Coordinator based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
People in Need is a non-governmental, non-profit organization founded on the ideals of humanism, freedom, equality and solidarity. We consider human dignity and freedom to be fundamental values. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have the right to make decisions about their lives and to share the rights expressed in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
The People in Need organization was established in 1992 by a group of Czech war correspondents who were no longer satisfied with merely relaying information about ongoing conflicts and began sending out aid. It gradually became established as a professional humanitarian organization striving to provide aid in troubled regions and support adherence to human rights around the world.
Throughout our over 26 years of its existence, People in Need has become one of the biggest non-profit organizations in Central Europe. In addition to humanitarian aid and human rights, it now also targets education and helps people living in social exclusion.
We are part of Alliance 2015, a strategic network of seven European non-governmental organizations engaged in humanitarian aid and development projects. This collaboration increases effectiveness, both in working in the target countries and in campaigns aimed at influencing the attitudes of politicians and the general public in Europe. In our over 16 years operation in Ethiopia, has focused on projects in five main areas of interest: Education and Social protection, Environment, Livelihood and Agriculture, Water, sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) and Emergency programs.
PIN currently invites qualified applicants for the position of: Field Coordinator for the specific project ‘’Participatory Development of Productive Landscapes in Sidama Region, Ethiopia – Phase II’’
Length of Contract: definite until December 31, 2024
Required Number: 1(one)
The Field Coordinator is primarily responsible for coordinating SIDAMA NRM project entitled ‘’ Participatory Development of Productive Landscapes in Sidama Region, Ethiopia – Phase II’’ is fully responsible for successful implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of PDPL the project activities and outputs in activities in Sidama region, works under direct supervision of a Project Manager, and collaborates with field officers, woreda government Officials, DAs, Kebele administrative, community and other PIN staff. Field Coordinator will be accountable for the regulation and rules of PIN including core values of the organization.
The Field Coordinator specific tasks are:
- Train Watershed committee, Selected farmers, DAs, Self Help Groups, Technical farmers, Youth groups Field officers and senior community facilitators on different NRM project related issues
- Request and use technical advice and orientations from the project manager
- Collaborate with the project manager on NRM project strategic goal and priorities
- Develop terms of references for training, workshops, meetings, conferences, internal monitoring, Field evaluation and as required
- Participate on the preparation of project plan, baseline surveys, studies, monitoring and evaluations through collecting data, mobilizing community;
- Prepare action plan for the implementation of project activities according to the log frame and timeframe of the project;
- Implement and monitor project activities on the regular basis;
- Attain adequate results in proper quality and in time;
- Ensure maintenance of good personal relations to beneficiaries, government staff (DAs), project team and supervisor;
- Supervise and capacitate Field officer and senior community Facilitators based on their job description and project activities;
- Evaluate Field officers and senior community Facilitators as per their job description;
- Plan, request and follow up purchase and delivery of NRM project materials for woreda agriculture and Natural resource offices, FTC, Government Nursery center and community nursery with special needs (in collaboration with procurement and logistics);
- Supervise the NRM project activity implementation at kebele level with NRM needs and request and facilitate weekly payment related to NRM activities at kebele level;
- Facilitate different NRM awareness raising in community meetings, campaigns and events in collaboration with Field officers and senior community Facilitators;
- Plan and facilitate material donations to Woreda agriculture and Natural resource, FTC and Beneficiaries with special needs in collaboration with the Project manager;
- Lead and coordinate community, Nursery center and FTC’ needs assessment concerning PDPL project activity implementation;
- Develop criteria to facilitate the selection of NRM project activities beneficiaries;
- Conduct beneficiary selection based on set of criteria in collaboration with Field officers, Senior community facilitators and Project stakeholders;
- Prepare Purchase request as per the Annual purchase plan;
- Prepare Plan of action and report of NRM project activities implementation and submitted to NRM project manager on weekly bases;
- Assist and work with other NRM project staffs to ensure teamwork;
- Perform any other duties as requested by immediate supervisor;
- Bachelor Degree in Natural Resource Management, Forestry other related fields of studies.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience on similar position in the sector at coordination/supervision level
- NGO experience, Good understanding of project cycle Management
- Good communication, team management and capacity to work under stress
- Experience in training provision, Planning and Report Writing Skill
- Good command of MS Package (Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook)
- knowledge of spoken & written Amharic, English and spoken local language Sidama language is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested applicants for the position should fill the application form and send their CV and Cover letter as soon as possible via following the link: Apply-Field Coordinator-SIDAMA NRM until January 16,2022.
Should any information needed please contact using: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: PIN does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
People in Need staff are expected to perform job duties and responsibilities in accordance with People in Need Code of conduct and key policies available at: www.peopleinneed.cz/policies
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.