FH Ethiopia is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Commodity/cash transfer officer based in Meketewa & East Belesa, Amhara, Ethiopia
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential internal and external candidates to apply for the following position:
Position: Commodity/cash transfer officer
Duty Stations: Meketewa & East Belesa (Amhara Region)
Duration of Contract: One-year contract, Renewable (with 60 working days probation period)
Salary: As per the salary scale of the organization
Closing date: January 17, 2021
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for keeping track of commodity records at the project level and periodic reporting;
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Result #1 – Process commodity payments, Commodity receipts/collections, and management
1. Checks all payment commodity documents, payment for allocation and other related issues prior to the project manager’s approval.
2. Receive food allocation of the woreda.
3. Manage any warehouse or food stock in the designated area under FH control to ensure safe, orderly, clean, and vermin-free storage.
4. Maintain inventory control and conduct at least monthly physical inventories to ensure that losses are controlled in storage.
5. Prepare distribution plans in coordination with the project partners to ensure the timely delivery of the required commodities at each distribution site
6. Maintain complete lists of all program beneficiaries; including, types, quantities, and dates of rations received by each (as verified by signature or thumbprint of the beneficiary) and reconcile with original consignments
7. Set up complain and response mechanisms in all final Distribution points.
8. Establish post Monitoring and Distribution systems in FDP, and ensure the activities are conducted with M&E.
9. Manage the Commodity staff sector, Warehouse, Field, CTS, and Compliance.
10. Reconciliation between warehouse and CTS records;
11. Manage Field to verify that distribution has occurred according to the intentions of the donor and FHE, noting anomalies and taking swift action to notify the Commodities coordinator/Manager when abuses are suspected.
Key Result #2 – Recording commodity movements, produces commodity reports for Addis office review
1. Obtains monthly commodity status report from the storekeepers, supervisor and reconcile with the ledger and stock record and send to senior commodity officer.
2. Record commodity movements by commodity type and distribution site
3. Prepares monthly commodity movement summaries for the project and submit to the Head Office on time.
4. Advice the Project Manager and PSNP officer with regard to commodity management.
5. Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual project commodity reports.
6. Keep attendance sheet, payroll of PW & PDS transfer.
7. Prepare monthly IC (central information) report.
8. Enter PASS data and prepare PSNP client payroll.
9. Responsibility for commodity accounting and reporting for the FH Ethiopia in both development and emergency programs.
10. In the event the CTS system is deployed in the centralized locations where the project information is consolidated. Work with the project warehouse keeper to make sure field information is transferred from the project offices to the main office on timely manner.
11. Submission of data packages and reports on a monthly basis to the senior Commodity officer.
Key Result #3 – Supervises administrative and commodity staff; assist project manager in administrative matters
1. Ensures (in consultation with PSNP officer) that staffs of the project get transportation service properly when they come to project for report.
2. Conduct regular supervision cleaning, security and warehouse management activities
3. In consultation with the immediate supervisor, schedules staff annual leaves, keep and update personnel files.
4. Assists the Project Manager in commodity management and related matters.
5. Evaluate performance of commodity staffs.
6. Insure commodity staff at all level are well equipped with necessary skills, provide on job training when necessary.
Key Result #4 – Make sure internal control is in place, commodity inventory management
1. Insure timely and right commodities allocation.
2. Insure organizational/donor standards are met.
3. Checks inventory and commodity records of the entire distribution sites monthly.
4. Makes sure accurate stock record is in place and reconciles on a monthly basis as appropriate
5. Checks all commodity movement reports for project manager approval.
6. Makes sure the internal control system of the organization is in place and is observed by all staff members of the project.
JOB LEVEL SPECIFICATIONS
· Strong Interpersonal skills,
· Emotional maturity,
· Cross-cultural Sensitivity,
· Ability to work effectively under pressure
· Proficiency in spoken and written local language and English required;
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
· Provide adequate time to staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
· Through observation, interviews, and spot-checks, ensure that the staff planning process is gender sensitive.
· Build a better gender balance in staffing through affirmative action.
· Observe if women staff are as involved as men in high-profile activities such as interaction with visitors and chairing meetings, and take corrective action if warranted.
· Encourage female staff to participate in external networks (local and regional), as well as seminars and cross visits.
· Facilitate open and regular discussions with staff on about the work environment, policies, and values convenient to gender issues.
· Within each project and department, discuss FH’s Gender & Diversity and Sexual Harassment and sexual exploitation Policies, so that all staff are conversant with them.
· Refrain from any comments or gestures that indicate prejudicial views of female staff, especially female supervisors.
· In each Project and Head Office, ask women staff what changes would make it more “gender-friendly”, organization and implement the recommendations
SAFETY & SECURITY RESPONSIBILITY
· Encourages compliance of Safety and Security principles and policies of the organization by all staffs;
· Visiting project Offices and operational areas periodically to meet staff and making sure that all staff members are aware of the safety and security procedures;
· Explains to staffs the reasoning behind the organization’s safety and security policies and procedures
· Organizing local training sessions, such as First Aid, Fire Safety, and Defensive Driving for staff members. If possible, he/she should conduct briefing and training sessions himself/herself;
· Ensures that safety and security objectives are added to performance reviews and evaluations of all staff members;
· Encourages staff to adopt safe and secure practices. Ensuring that updated personnel information related to safety (Record of Emergency Data) and security management are kept in Human resources.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
· B.A in accounting or related field of study
· Three years relevant experience preferably in a similar program.
· NGO Experience is an advantage
· Proficiency in computer usage
· Good in report writing in English
How to Apply
Women Candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Candidates MUST refer the position title “ Commodity/cash transfer officer ” on the subject line of their email and applications.