Norwegian Church Aid
NCA is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Climate Resilience Program (CRP) Advisor in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
NCA Ethiopia is seeking Climate Resilience Program (CRP) Advisor who will be responsible to provide technical support to the NCA’s Climate Resilience program in general, and the pilot Church forests and natural resources management/restoration initiatives, the Ethiopia interfaith initiative for forest conservation and climate action and other adaptation and mitigation projects in particular. The NCA Climate Resilience projects are implemented in Amhara, Oromia and Tigray regions in collaboration with NCA core and resource Partners. The position holder’s role will be to coordinate and follow up the dayto-day activities of the program and provide advice and technical backup in areas of natural resources management, environmental restoration activities as well as livelihood and economic income opportunities, including renewable energy solutions. The position holder will also provide support to NCA’s implementing partners, monitor and follow up Climate resilience project activities against technical requirements, including developing appropriate tools for the target demographic areas. Moreover, she/he will support the CRP Head in ensuring that the resilience building project grant refer to technical standards and consider government and donor requirements. The position holder will also be responsible to follow up with accountability to respond to feedback from areas of implementation to strengthen the resilience building approach. The Climate Resilience Program Advisor works closely with the CRP Head in project management and fundraising efforts, compliance to grant requirements. She/he is also required to closely work with other program heads, implementing partners and other NCA staffs.
- Provides required technical support in planning, designing, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of resilience project activities.
- Manage the pilot Church forests and natural resources initiatives implemented in Amhara and Oromia regions and other climate resilience/environment program activities in NCA operational areas.
- Provide support (technical backup) to our implementing partners at field and head office level.
- Monitor and follow up resilience building project activities against technical requirements and financial utilization against donor requirements.
- Develop appropriate assessment, monitoring, evaluation and related tools for the Church forests, Natural resources restoration, green corridors establishment and other climate resilience projects with special emphasis to the target demographic areas.
- Support the CRP Head in ensuring the projects refer to technical standards and consider government standards.
- Follow up with accountability to respond to feedback from areas of implementation to strengthen the resilience building approach.
- Ensure technical quality and timeliness of other Climate resilience programs as required.
- Engage in setting baseline information and Support NCA’s partners in preparing and reviewing resilience/restoration program results framework.
- Track progress of climate resilience/natural resources management program activities, outputs and procedures and compile periodic reports to the donors.
- Support partners in preparation of monthly progress reports (both financial and activity) and compile them on monthly, quarterly, half year and annual basis.
- Support the CRP Head and cooperate with other program staff in ensuring good integration with other program/thematic areas of NCA – Ethiopia.
- At her/his level, coordinate with other organizations including through participation in relevant GO – NGO forums and networks/clusters.
- Represents NCA at relevant taskforce meetings as required.
- Oversee the implementation of the program activities as per the donor and government standards and to the required technical/professional principles.
- Do other additional assignments related to the climate resilience program as required by the immediate supervisor
- MSc in Environmental Science or Natural Resources Management or Forestry or Agriculture from a recognized university.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in managing integrated programs like Livelihoods, value chain development, recovery, DRR, climate resilience, environmental rehabilitation/restoration, Green Corridors establishment and related projects preferably in I/NGOs environment.
- Demonstrated project management skills including for planning, organisation, and supervision.
- Understanding of the global and national livelihoods, rural economy, water, recovery, food security, climate change, environment and DRR sector challenges, key responses and working with forums/networks.
- Experience with donor compliance and from working with local partners and authorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills including proficiency in English, written and oral.
- Able to team-up with staff and work both independently.
- Able to maintain motivation of self and others.
- Strong personal integrity and commitment to accountability.
- Excellent computer basic skills, especially MS-Office and some software like ArcGIS.
- Knowledge of conservation, land restoration and link with livelihood program
Duty Station: Addis Ababa with frequent field travel
HOW TO APPLY
- Posting Date 13th December 2021.
- Closing date 21st December 2021.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted via telephone/email.
- NCA is an equal opportunity organization.
- Qualified women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.